How to apply
This guidance contains important information to help with your application:
- Please apply by submitting a CV and Covering Letter (no more than four sides of A4 in length per document highlighting your relevant skills, knowledge and experience with regards to the role). Please also include your contact details.
- Please ensure all gaps in employment and education history are fully explained on your CV; we may wish to verify this information during the recruitment process.
- Please provide the details of two referees. Note that we will only approach referees for candidates proceeding to final selection and only with your permission. Please clearly indicate whether we can approach each referee before the selection date.
- Please ensure that you address the key requirements as set out in the person specification. These competencies will be used as part of the assessment process.
- Please complete the Equal Opportunities Monitoring section (online) when you upload your details to finalise your application. We are keen to ensure that all our jobs are accessible to all members of the community and use this data to monitor our progress in doing this.
- Please return your application by the closing date – no applications will be accepted once the long listing process has begun.
- Following long listing, you will be contacted directly by a Penna consultant to update you on the status of your application.
The following timetable sets out the key dates in the recruitment process:
Strategic Director of Children's Services Director of Finance and IT (s151) Strategic Director of Place and Assistant Director of Planning, Transportation and Highways Closing Date for Applications 22nd August 12th August 30th August 2022 Longlist Meeting (Candidates are not required to attend) N/A - proceed straight to shortlist N/A - proceed straight to shortlist TBC Preliminary (Technical) Interviews To be included as part of final panel process To be included as part of final panel process TBC Shortlist Meeting (Candidates are not required to attend) 7th September 7th September 7th September Assessment Centre / Final Panel Process 28th September (to include technical assessment) 16th September (to include technical assessment) 5th October
To apply please visit https://execroles.penna.com/
If you have any questions or would like a confidential discussion with a Penna consultant in regards to the Strategic Director of Children's Services or Director of Finance and IT, please call:
- Carol Coyle on 07500 887849 or Carol.Coyle@penna.com
- Helen Alwell on 07809 905467 or Helen.Alwell@penna.com
- Julie Towers on 07764 791736 or Julie.Towers@penna.com
If you have any questions or would like a confidential discussion with a Penna consultant in regards to the Strategic Director of Place and Assistant Director of Planning, Transportation and Highways, please call: